Local Border Traffic EURegio Austria
Valid from 13 December 2015
With an EURegio Austria ticket, you will travel inexpensively from Czech border regions to Austria…
- an inexpensive ticket for a visit to Austria
- a return ticket – for an excursion
- a weekly ticket – for commuting
Who can travel using an EURegio Austria ticket
EURegio Austria tickets are intended for everyone:
- who wants to take a trip to Austria (one-way ticket)
- who commutes regularly to Austria for work or school
- who needs to get to the Vienna airport (Flughafen Wien-Schwechat)
Where you can use an EURegio Austria ticket
- for 2nd class travel on ČD regional (Os), regional fast (Sp) and fast (R, Rx) trains
- for 2nd class travel on Austrian Railways (ÖBB) category REX, R and S regional trains
on the following lines:
- Brno hl.n. - Břeclav - Hohenau - Drösing - Gänsenrndorf - Wien - Flughafen Wien
- Znojmo - Šatov - Retz - Platt - Hollabrunn - Stockerau - Wien - Flughafen Wien
- České Budějovice - České Velenice - Gmünd - Schwarzenau - Göpfritz - Eggenburg - Ziersdorf - Tulln - Wien - Flughafen Wien
- České Budějovice - Horní Dvořiště - Summerau - Freistadt - Pregarten- Linz Hbf
* It is possible to board and disembark at all stations in the Vienna circuit (the station name begins with the word “Wien”). This is not valid for travel documents issued to Flughafen Wien; to get to the airport it is only possible to use tickets with the destination station Flughafen Wien. Tickets to the airport are not valid for the carrier CAT (City Airport Train). Only regional transport can be used to reach the station Flughafen Wien.
You can purchase EURegio Austria tickets at any ČD ticket counter. Tickets can originate from any station or stop on the lines specified above in the Czech Republic; the destination station in Austria, however, can only be certain stations from among those specified above.
EURegio – types of tickets issued
- one-way for adults (15+), children (6-14), bicycles and dogs – ticket valid until 6:00 (a.m.) on the day following the first day of validity
- return for adults (15+) and children (6-14) – ticket valid until 24:00 (midnight) on the day following the day indicated on the ticket as the first day of validity
- weekly for adults (15+), children (6-14) and students under 19 years of age (only to the station Gmünd NO, valid on school days only) – valid 1 week.
When using EURegio Rakousko (EURegio Austria) tickets, it is not possible to interrupt your journey. It is not possible to upgrade a EURegio ticket to 1st carriage class. EURegio tickets cannot be returned or exchanged for reasons on the passenger’s side.
Transporting bicycles and dogs
Bicycles can be transported within the MPS (Local Border Traffic) EURegio offer on the selected route using a one-way MPS EURegio kolo/Fahrrad (Local Border Traffic EURegio bicycle) document for CZK 50.
Passengers on the selected route within the MPS (Local Border Traffic) EURegio offer may transport a dog outside of a completely enclosed container using a one-way MPS EURegio pes/Hund (Local Border Traffic EURegio dog) document for CZK 35.
Can I purchase a return ticket from Vranovice to Vienna?
Yes. Vranovice lies on the Brno hl.n. – Wien line and EURegio tickets can originate from any station on this line in the Czech Republic.
Can I purchase a return ticket for the Břeclav – Stillfried segment?
No. Even though Stillfried lies on the Brno hl.n. – Wien line, it is not a designated station in Austria to which it is possible to purchase tickets. In this case we recommend that you purchase a ticket to the next designated station, which is Gänserndorf.
Examples of using EURegio Austria tickets
|From - To||One-way
|Znojmo – Retz||EUR 2.20
|Znojmo – Wien||EUR 9.75
|České Budějovice – Linz Hbf||EUR 10.55
|České Budějovice - Wien (via Gmünd)||EUR 19.20
|České Velenice - Gmünd NÖ||EUR 1.6
|Brno hl.n. – Wien||EUR 11.55
|Brno hl.n. – Flughafen Wien||EUR 14
Children from 6 to 15 years of age pay half fare. Fares for the ČD segment are distinguished into the regular fare for all passengers and the customer fare for In Karta RailPlus cardholders.
*The prices of international tickets are fixed in EUR and converted to CZK according to the valid Uniform Railway Exchange rate.
Tel.: +420 221 111 122
for small groups (2 až 5 osob)
for large groups (6 a více osob)
for youth up to 26