EURegio Austria Ticket
Valid from 9 December 2012
With an EURegio Austria ticket, you will travel inexpensively from Czech border regions to Austria…
- an inexpensive ticket for a visit to Austria
- a return ticket – for an excursion
- a weekly ticket – for commuting
- discount for holders of an In-karta card with the RailPlus application
Who can travel using an EURegio Austria ticket
EURegio Austria tickets are intended for everyone:
- who wants to take a trip to Austria (one-off return ticket)
- who commutes to Austria for work or school (weekly ticket)
Where you can use an EURegio Austria ticket
- for 2nd class travel on ČD local (Os), limited-stop (Sp) and fast (R) trains
- for 2nd class travel on Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB) category REX, R and S trains
on the following lines:
- Brno hl.n. - Břeclav - Hohenau - Drösing - Gänsenrndorf - Wien Praterstern - Wien Mitte - Wien Hbf*
- Znojmo - Šatov - Retz - Platt - Hollabrunn - Stockerau - Wien Praterstern - Wien Mitte - Wien Hbf* - Flughafen Wien
- České Budějovice - České Velenice - Gmünd - Schwarzenau - Göpfritz - Eggenburg - Ziersdorf - Tulln - Wien FJB*
- České Budějovice - Horní Dvořiště - Summerau - Freistadt - Pregarten- Linz Hbf
* It is possible to board and disembark at all stations in the Vienna circuit (the station name generally begins with the word “Wien”). This is not valid for travel documents issued to Flughafen Wien; to get to the airport it is only possible to use tickets with the destination station Flughafen Wien.
You can purchase EURegio Austria tickets at any ČD ticket counter. Tickets can originate from any station or stop on the lines specified above in the Czech Republic; the destination station in Austria, however, can only be certain stations from among those specified above.
EURegio – Return tickets
- valid for 4 days; the journey can be started at any time during the ticket’s term of validity
- intended for one outbound journey and one return journey
- children from 6 to 15 years of age are transported for half the fare for adults
- tickets to the station Flughafen Wien are valid for 15 days; in Vienna it is possible to use such a ticket to transfer to a regional train to the airport; EURegio tickets are not valid on CAT (City Airport Train) trains
EURegio – Weekly tickets
- for those who commute to Austria
- specified for an unlimited number of journeys
- weekly tickets are valid from Monday until the following Monday at 9:00 a.m.
When using EURegio Austria tickets, it is not permitted to interrupt your journey. It is not possible to upgrade to 1st class when travelling on a EURegio ticket. EURegio tickets cannot be returned or exchanged for reasons on the passenger’s side.
It is possible to transport a bicycle within the EURegio offer free of charge, either as oversized luggage or using the luggage storage during transport service.
Can I purchase a return ticket from Vranovice to Vienna?
Yes. Vranovice lies on the Brno hl.n. – Wien Südbahnhof line and EURegio tickets can originate from any station on this line in the Czech Republic.
Can I purchase a return ticket for the Břeclav – Stillfried segment?
No. Even though Stillfried lies on the Brno hl.n. – Wien Südbahnhof line, it is not a designated station in Austria to which it is possible to purchase tickets. In this case we recommend that you purchase a ticket to the next designated station, which is Gänserndorf.
Examples of using EURegio Austria tickets
|from – to||EURegio Austria return ticket*
(outbound and return)
|Weekly EURegio Austria ticket*||Weekly customer ticket/RailPlus*|
|Without RailPlus||With RailPlus/customer ticket|
|Znojmo – Wien Südbahnhof (S-Bahn) and return||c. CZK 469||c. CZK 457||c. CZK 1,086||c. CZK 1,039|
|České Budějovice – Linz Hbf and return||c. CZK 457||c. CZK 414||c. CZK 1,683||c. CZK 1,512|
|České Budějovice – Wien FJB and return||c. CZK 904||c. CZK 866||-||-|
|České Velenice – Gmünd NÖ and return||c. CZK 32||c. CZK 27||-||-|
|Brno hl.n. – Wien Hbf and return||c. CZK 551||c. CZK 504||c. CZK 1,559||c. CZK 1,387|
|Břeclav – Gänserndorf and return||c. CZK 275||c. CZK 267||c. CZK 750||c. CZK 718|
Children from 6 to 15 years of age pay half fare.
*The prices of international tickets are fixed in EUR and converted to CZK according to the valid Uniform Railway Exchange rate.
Tel.: +420 840 112 113
for small groups (2 až 5 osob)
for large groups (6 a více osob)
for youth up to 26