How to earn points
Shop in the e-shop as often as possible and earn points in your loyalty account.
How many points you will earn:
- inland ticket or other document – for every CZK 10 = 1 point
- seat reservation – for every CZK 10 = 1 point
- international ticket up to 50 km = 5 points
- international ticket 51 km and over = 20 points
- sleeper or couchette supplement = 10 points
Earned points will be credited to your loyalty account immediately upon making your payment. Thus, you will see your current point balance in your account after your payment.
Inland travel documents for which you will earn points:
- all variants of the IN 100, IN 25, IN 50, IN Důchodce (“IN Pensioner”) and IN Senior applications
- the IN 25 application in combination with a commuter ticket (weekly, monthly or quarterly)
- the IN 50 application in combination with a commuter ticket (weekly, monthly or quarterly)
- an Upgrade to 1st Class (one-off upgrade or time upgrade)
- a one-way or return ticket including all combined discounts
- a one-way or return ticket with a global price
- a reservation, SC reservation or railjet Business reservation
- a one-way or return Special-Offer Ticket (Akční jízdenka)
- a First Minute Czech Republic Ticket (Včasná jízdenka Česko)
- a one-way or return group discount
- an All-Day Ticket (Celodenní jízdenka)
- an All-Day Ticket region (Celodenní jízdenka region) in all variants
- a Group Weekend Ticket (Skupinová víkendová jízdenka)
- a Group Weekend Ticket region (Skupinová víkendová jízdenka region) in all variants
Points are not credited for the following purchases:
- when purchasing a parking voucher
- when using a transport voucher
- travel documents for transporting luggage, bicycles or dogs
- reservations of a space for a bicycle
- when purchasing a ticket where both the boarding station and the destination station are on the territory of a state other than the Czech Republic
- when recharging an electronic wallet account on an In Karta card (EPIK)
Points are counted for every ticket separately
When purchasing multiple tickets at the same time, points are earned for each individual ticket separately.
Example of purchasing multiple tickets at the same time
If you purchase a total of three separate travel documents at the same time, two of which are tickets worth CZK 169 and the third is a ticket worth CZK 134 plus a reservation worth CZK 35, then you will pay a total amount of CZK 507. Points, however, are calculated for each ticket separately, i.e. (2 x 16 points) + (1 x 13 points) + (1 x 3 points). For these three separate tickets, your account will thus be credited with a total of 48 points.
Points can only be used after the first day of the ticket’s term of validity
Points can be used to obtain rewards after the first day of validity of the travel document for which they were credited to you. You can easily identify the points which you can use, as these are displayed as Available Points.
Example of available points
If you purchase e.g. an All-Day Ticket (Celodenní jízdenka) for CZK 550 on 15 December with the travel document valid from 16 December, then 55 points will be credited to the current balance of your account on 15 December. On the first day after the travel document’s term of validity, i.e. on 17 December, these points will become available and you will be able to use them to obtain rewards.
Points are valid for 24 months
Each point is valid for 24 months after the first day of validity of the travel document for which the points were credited. Points older than 24 months are automatically erased from the account. Erased points cannot be used subsequently.
If you purchase a ticket e.g. from Prague to Benešov for CZK 74 on 15 December 2014 with validity of the travel document from 16 December 2014, then the 7 points thus earned will expire on 16 December 2016.