B. GROUP DISCOUNT
220. A group discount is provided for a journey by at least 2 and at most 99 paying passengers in 2nd carriage class and ticketed on a single common ticket with the same boarding and disembarking stations.
220. 1. For a one-way ticket with a discount for a group of 2-5 passengers, the price is calculated as follows:
• the regular fare for the first passenger,
• the IN 25 customer fare for passengers 15 years of age and older for the second passenger,
• the IN 50 customer fare for the third and each additional passenger in the group.
220. 1. 1. A discount for a group of 2 to 5 passengers is granted when purchasing the ticket without further terms or conditions.
220. 2. In the case of a one-way ticket with a discount for a group of 6 or more passengers, on condition that at least 2 passengers must travel on such a ticket, each passenger in the group is granted the IN 50 customer fare IN 50.
220. 2. 1. For groups of 6 or more passengers, the discount is granted provided transport is ordered by means of the form on www.cd.cz, at a ticket counter or through ČD’s Central Customer Service on tel. +420 221 111 122 no later than 72 hours prior to the date of departure and the minimum number of 6 passengers is maintained. After the order’s approval, it is necessary on the basis of the allocated transaction code to purchase tickets at any ticket counter or in the ČD e-shop during a set term or no later than 48 hours prior to the train’s departure. Otherwise, the order is forfeited.
220. 2. 2. A ticket with the discount for a group of 6 or more passengers cannot be issued to stations where the requested train does not stop per the valid timetable. In the case of an extraordinary stop, disembarking passengers must be ticketed to the nearest subsequent station and boarding passengers must be ticketed from the nearest preceding station where the requested train stops per the valid timetable.
220. 2. 3. As part of the approval of transport ordered for a group, the transport organiser may change the originally planned transport route by agreement with the passenger or divide the group among multiple connections; the resulting price for the transport will remain the same.
220. 2. 3. 1. In case of an extraordinary event or closure on the line, it is not possible to guarantee common seating of the group in a single carriage.
220. 2. 4. After the transport has been approved, the passenger will obtain as part of the order, along with his or her own fare and the fares for the accompanying passengers who will travel for a different fare, free seat reservations or free reservations of seats for the selected trains, provided this is technically and technologically possible, and free reservations of spaces for bicycles.
220. 2. 4. 1. It is not possible to issue free SC reservations for SC Pendolino trains.
220. 2. 4. 2. No seats are reserved or free seat reservations issued for orders of transport under 15 kilometres or for any of the individual trains on the transport route travelling under 15 kilometres; nor are seats reserved or free seat reservations issued for bus connections per Article 13 of the TR 10 Tariff or for rail replacement service.
220. 2. 4. 3. The number of reserved seats or free seat reservations for trains 351, 353, 355, 357, 359, 361 and 363 in the direction Domažlice – Plzeň hl. n. and 1540, 1542, 1544 and 1546 in the direction Rybník – České Budějovice is limited and ČD may refuse to issue them.
220. 2. 5. At the moment of payment at the ticket counter, the party ordering the transport (the passenger) may, as of a forthcoming announcement, reduce the overall number of passengers in the group.
220. 3. In the case of a return ticket with a discount for a group, the price is calculated per Article 220. 1. or 220. 2. of the TR 10 Tariff and the return discount is granted.
220. 4. Passengers do not demonstrate eligibility for a group discount; the discount is granted contingent on:
- maintaining the minimum number of participants; for groups of 6 or more passengers contingent on ordering the transport per Article 220. 2. 1. of the TR 10 Tariff and maintaining the minimum number of 6 passengers; at least 2 passengers must travel on the group discount;
- all passengers specified on the ticket must have the same boarding and destination stations.
220. 5, If the number of passengers travelling together in a group falls, the group ticket is recognised for the rest of the journey; for the unused fares, the passenger may exercise his or her right (request a refund) under the transport contract per the SPPO.
221. A one-off upgrade for an unauthorised circuitous journey is calculated for groups of up to 5 passengers per Article 33 of the TR 10 Tariff; the group discount is granted.
221. 1. A one-off upgrade for an unauthorised circuitous journey is calculated for groups of 6 or more passengers per Article 33 of the TR 10 Tariff; passengers with the group discount must pay the difference between the fare paid and the IN 50 customer fare.
222. A one-off fare upgrade to 1st carriage class can be combined with a group discount only for groups of up to 5 passengers per Article 220. 1. of the TR 10 Tariff. The upgrade is calculated as the difference between the price paid for the ticket with a group discount in 2nd carriage class and the regular fare for all passengers in 1st carriage class.
222. 1. It is not possible to combine a one-off upgrade to 1st carriage class with a group discount for groups of 6 or more passengers ticketed through the ordering system per Article 220. 2.
ČD Contractual and Transport Terms for Public Passenger Railway Transport (SPPO)
191. For groups of 6 or more passengers, per the terms and conditions stipulated in the TR 10 Tariff, it is only possible to guarantee places for bicycles provided transport is ordered by means of the form on www.cd.cz/skupiny, at a ticket counter or at ČD’s Central Customer Service, tel. +420 221 111 122, no earlier than 60 days and no later than 72 hours prior to the train’s departure from the passengers’ boarding station. After the order’s approval, it is necessary on the basis of the allocated transaction code to pay the price for the transport of passengers and luggage at any ticket counter or in the ČD e-shop by the set deadline or no later than 48 hours prior to the train’s departure from the passengers’ boarding station. Otherwise, the order is forfeited.
191. 1. As part of their order, groups of 6 or more passengers will receive a free reservation of a space for a bicycle in regularly included carriages until capacity is exhausted. If a supplementary carriage is included for transporting bicycles, it is necessary to pay a fee for reserving a space per the TR 10 Tariff.
192. Passengers can order the reservation of spaces for bicycles on trains or in carriages that are not included in the reservation system at the ticket counter no earlier than 60 days and no later than 7 working days prior to the planned departure date. ČD reserves the right to refuse the order for seats if they cannot be secured for operational reasons.
192. 1. For securing the ordered places, the passenger will pay the fee for the reservation per the TR 10 Tariff; the number of reserved spaces must equal the actual number of bicycles